Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why Life Lessons?



I thought about blogging for quite a while before I decided that what I was thinking would be fun to share- this accumulation of knowledge and experiences serves no purpose if not for others to share.

It seems that everyday someone is starting a new blog about almost every subject imaginable. So what makes this blog any different- or better?

I suppose what makes this unique is the places I have been, doing business, at times that most people find curious. "Why in the world would you want to do that?" is a common question I get when people I meet at a party hear what I was doing for a decade in the wild west of the former Soviet Union. I have laughed hardest at the stories when I hear myself telling the things that happened- what was I thinking? But I lived to tell the story and that's what matters- and that I share the stories with you, and you share your stories with me and others.

Here is the framework: a little of then, a little of now. Life before, and life after- as the memories unfold and connect to what they have made me today.

I hope you enjoy the process and get involved by sharing a cultural experience that a day's post reminds you of, or ask questions about what it would be like to do something you're hoping for.

So, what's the significance of today's photo? This one marks the beginning of my life in many ways. It's the dedication of the new AmCham Azerbaijan office, January 2000. I'll tell you the story of how that came to be...

All the best to you,
- Jonelle

1 comment:

  1. The Screw and the Lily...that does sound like a great book title...perhaps a screenplay....keep it up, Jonelle....we'll be tuned in!!! Hugh and Barbara

    ReplyDelete